The CIAO workshop provides a forum for discussion of research into
automating mathematical reasoning, especially in the areas of proof
planning, verification, theory exploration, and ontology
evolution. The workshops are informal, have a fun and friendly
atmosphere, and have no proceedings. They are intended to help us keep
up to date with developments, and present and discuss work in
There is a JISC email list
for CIAO to which announcements of the next workshop are sent. You
should briefly explain your background and interest in CIAO when you
request membership to the list. The list is only for CIAO-workshop
related information. To post to the list, for which you need to be
subscribed from the email you are sending from, send an email
The next workshop is planned to be in April 2013, organised by Iain Whiteside, Ewen Maclean and Gudmund Grov.
See also last year's CIAO 2012 workshop hosted by Chalmers University, Sweden.
- CIAO 2012 in Chalmers University, Gothenburgh, Swden. April 18-19, 2012. Organised by Moa Johansson.
- CIAO/Automatheo 2011 in Oxford, UK. April 5-6, 2011. Organised by Bob Coecke.
- CIAO 2010 in Castle of Hagenberg, RISC, Austria. August 3-5, 2010. Organised by Wolfgang Windsteiger. (pictures)
- CIAO 2009 in Schloss
Etelsen, Langwedel (close to Bremen), Germany. Organised by Dieter
2008 in Darmstadt, Germany. February 20-22. Organised by Markus
Aderhold and the Fachgebiet Programmiermethodik.
- CIAO 2007 in Edinburgh, Scotland. At the Burn. Organised by
Natalia Deringer, Lucas Dixon, Fiona McNeill, Graham Steel.
CIAO-2006 in Braunshausen, Germany (pictures). Organised by Dieter Hutter.
- CIAO-2005 in
organised by Louise Dennis, Manfred Kerber, Volker Sorge.
CIAO-2004 in Genova, Italy, (pictures).
CIAO-2003 in Dagstuhl, Germany (pictures)
- CIAO 2002 in
Edinburgh, Scotland. At 80 South Bridge organised by Ewen Denney
CIAO-2001 in Genova, Italy. Organised by Alessandro Armando.
CIAO-2000 in Dagstuhl, Germany. Organised by Dieter Hutter.
- CIAO-1999, 13.4.1999, in Edinburgh.
- Clam-Inka-OMRS Workshop, 2.4.1998 in Edinburgh
- Clam-Inka-OMRS Workshop, 10.4.1997 in Genua
- Clam-Inka Workshop, 15.3 1996 in Saarbrücken
- Clam-Inka Workshop, 6.4.1995 in Edinburgh
- Clam-Inka Workshop, 1994 in Saarbrücken
- Clam-Inka Workshop, 15-16.4.1993 in Edinburgh.
- Clam-Inka Workshop, 1992 in Saarbrücken
- Q: Why is it called CIAO?
A: CIAO was once an acronym for a
collection of proof planning and rippling based proof systems: CLAM,
INKA, and OMRS.